“When one door closes another door opens, but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”
- Alexander Graham Bell -
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one, which has been opened for us.”
- Helen Keller -
These two quotes are so true! Read them again, they both say:
When one door closes another door opens.
Most people are too attached to the past, to what they are familiar with, and therefore, miss opportunities that stand right in front of them. Doors may close, but there are always other unlimited number of doors – new opportunities. The world is full of opportunities, if we could only see them. The Infinite Power is boundless, and so the possibilities are without number.
Not every plan works out. There are losses and failures, there are problems in relationships, loss of money or job, and sometimes unpleasant things happen. We don’t always have control over these happenings, but we can exercise control over our attention and attitude. When one of these things happens, and we focus our attention on the loss – the closed door, we see only a closed door with the resultant frustration and unhappiness, but if we could only move our sight and attention away from the closed door, we might be surprised to discover a row of open new doors.
It might not be so easy to move our eyes elsewhere, due to various reasons, such as attachment to the old and familiar, and fear of the new and the unknown.
Many find it difficult to stop their stream of controlled thoughts, and consequently, their mind keeps focusing on the loss, failure, and frustration – the door that has closed. Will these thoughts help in anything, except of creating suffering and preventing any change and improvement?
You might agree with what is being said here, but how can you free yourself past attachments and see new opportunities? How can you bring yourself to see, and enter the new doors that open for you?
This might need some effort on your part:
- You will need to be more aware of your thoughts.
- Desire to free yourself from thoughts that keep you stuck in one place.
- Develop some degree of self-discipline.
- Develop some concentration ability and control over your mind.
- Take advantage of the power of affirmations and visualization.
- Some degree of inner peace is also required, since inner peace helps you reject unwanted, negative thoughts, and become more open-minded, positive and happy. When you experience inner peace, it would be easier for you to detach yourself from the past, keep an open mind, and therefore see more clearly the new doors that open for you.
Don’t forget, when one door closes another one opens.