Now let’s begin exploring your Wheel of Life and the pathways that will help you to reach your new Wellness lifestyle.
- How fulfilling is your Career? The Occupational dimension of Wellness encourages personal satisfaction and enrichment of your life through work. Its primary belief is that it is better to choose a career which is consistent with your personal values, interests and beliefs than to select one that is unrewarding. It involves focusing on your attitude about work, and the path that will lead you towards identifying your unique gifts, skills and talents so that your work is both personally meaningful and rewarding. This path also includes the choice of profession, job satisfaction, career ambitions and personal performance.
- Do you stress about money? The Financial dimension of Wellness involves an elaborate balance of the mental, spiritual and physical aspects of money. Understanding this unique combination is an ideal to strive towards in your dealings with money. Financial Wellness is having an understanding of your financial situation and taking care of it in such a way that you are prepared for financial changes. Maintaining this balance consists of your being comfortable with where your money comes from and where it is going.
- Are you facing any health challenges? The Physical dimension of Wellness encourages regular physical activities, as well as personal responsibility and care for minor illnesses and knowing when to seek professional medical attention. The physical benefits of looking good and feeling terrific most often lead to the psychological benefits of enhanced self-esteem, self-control, determination and a sense of direction.
- Are you overweight? The Nutritional dimension of Wellness is more about “eating” than the words “diet” or “nutrition”. It involves the role that eating plays in your life. Not only is it about what you eat, but how, when and even why?
- Are you satisfied with your personal relationships? The Social dimension of Wellness encourages positive interactions with and the enjoyment of being with others. It is having comfort and ease during work and leisure situations and communicating feelings and needs to others. It involves developing and building close friendships and intimacy, practicing empathy and effective listening, caring for others and allowing others to care for you. You will come to understand that it is better to live in harmony with others and your environment than to live in conflict with them.
- Are you Happy? The Emotional dimension of Wellness recognizes the ability to acknowledge and accept a wide range of feelings in oneself as well as in others. While on this path, you will be able to express feelings freely and manage feelings effectively. You will be able to arrive at personal choices and decisions based upon the synthesis of feelings, thought, philosophies, and behavior. You will live and work independently while realizing the importance of seeking and appreciating the support and assistance of others. You will be able to form interdependent relationships with others based upon a foundation of mutual commitment, trust, and respect. You will take on challenges, take risks, and recognize conflict as being potentially healthy. Managing your life in personally rewarding ways, and taking responsibility for your actions, will help you see life as an exciting, hopeful adventure.
- Does your life have meaning and purpose? The Spiritual dimension of Wellness recognizes the willingness to seek meaning and purpose in human existence. This Wellness path is characterized by a peaceful harmony between internal personal feelings and emotions and the obstacles or challenges that sometimes lie in your path. While travelling this path, you may experience many feelings of doubt, despair, fear, disappointment and confusion, as well as feelings of pleasure, joy, happiness and discovery. These are all important experiences and components to your search, and you will know that you are becoming spiritually well when your actions become more consistent with your beliefs and values.
- Do you engage in activities that contribute to your overall growth? The Intellectual dimension of Wellness encourages ongoing intellectual growth, and creative yet stimulating mental activities that provide the foundation to discover, process, and evaluate information. You will find that it is better to stretch and challenge our minds with intellectual and creative pursuits than to become self-satisfied and unproductive. Additionally, you will find that it is better to identify potential problems and choose appropriate courses of action based on available information than to wait, worry and contend with major concerns later.
- Are you satisfied with your home, neighborhood and workplace surroundings? The Environmental dimension of Wellness involves the creation of home and work environments that sooth instead of stress the body and mind. It also includes an awareness of the uncertain state of the earth and the effects of your daily habits on the physical environment. It is maintaining a way of life that maximizes harmony with the earth and minimizes harm to the environment.
- Do you feel safe and secure in your person? The Protectoral or Safety dimension of Wellness involves the understanding of safety as it applies to your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Things like paying attention to your surroundings and locking your doors and windows at night or wearing your seat belt while driving? Keeping your computer and passwords safe from hackers. And, learning to trust your instincts in personal or business endeavors?
Remember that on your Journey – as you Strive for your Goals – Believing in Yourself Your Abilities and your Talents – you will Achieve your Dreams!
- New Healthcare & Wellness Trend Report Reveals Influential Healthcare, Fitness, Nutrition, Aging, Yoga, and Wellness Trends For 2011 (prweb.com)
- Happy New Year! Our 2013 Holistic Wellness Rx Gift for you! (hofholistichealingcenters.com)